Sunday, March 25, 2012

Dressing Screen Card

I recently bought a Silhoutte Cameo cutting machine and wanted to make an intricate paper piece to give the machine a workout since it is suppose to be so good at cutting. Well untold hours later I produced this card but I had to use my SCAL 3 program because most of my cutting files are svgs and I can't import svgs to the Cameo without buying their 50 dollar Design Studio Edition. One of the issues I was having using scal and cutting with cameo was I had to make adjustments to my blade depth, pressure and speed since I didn't really know how this machine cut paper and cardstock. Changing the blade depth to match the type of paper used is really a pain in the neck because you don't just turn the dial like you do on the cricut, you have to take it out and use the little rachet thingy to turn to the number, I used the default options for speed and pressure but I think I need to work on these so I can get better cuts. I couldn't find the multi cut option on scal 3 like there was on scal 2, oy vey.

Cissy is also doing the same idea for a card and I can't wait to see what she comes up with. So without further ado
I am showing this card at
http://dutchdare-cardchallenges.blogspot.com/2012/04/159-fancy-fold-in-2-stamps.html Pin It

5 comments:

  1. ooh-la-la is right!! Very pretty!
    Thanks for sharing on MIM!

    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh la la is right! Super card! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry, being sure to mention you saw them on Make it Monday, for a chance at our second prize! Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. all your efforts were well worth it, that is a great card.. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fabby creation. GREAT JOB!
    Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts. Good Luck!
    -Sony DT
    sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god this is really a fun fold and I love the design with the dress and mirrors. Thanks for playing at Dutch Dare Card Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back thursday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete