Monday, August 13, 2012

Decoupaged Princess Cigar Box

I wanted to give my little 5 year old great niece a "princess" keepsake box.
I used a cigar box I bought for a dollar at a local cigar store.



Well, after peeling off the paper labels, applying a base coat of gesso, a pink coat of paint, I needed to download some images of princesses so off I went to the Disney Wikipage, used their images, printed them on an ink jet printer used a fixative to prevent ink bleed, glued the images, after the images were dry I gave the whole thing a couple of healthy coats of mod podge to seal everything, added some major and minor bling and chipboard flowers, added some princessy items inside the box and finally holy hallelujah I was finished.

Stayed tuned for decoupage cigar box no. 2 a boy's keepsake with a baseball theme tomorrow. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment